BOCA® National Property Maintenance Code & other Codes
The following Codes, and building and property regulations, are utilized by the Borough of Palmyra to ensure the protection of public health, safety and general welfare of our residents and property owners. The Borough’s Construction Official, Code Enforcement Officers, Housing Official, Building Inspectors, and other Officials and Inspectors, are responsible for enforcing the provisions of these regulations.
To learn more about ICC® / International Code Council® and it’s role in developing comprehensive building codes for the State of New Jersey and local municipalities please click HERE.
To report building and property maintenance code violations, or to schedule a rental property inspection or Certificate of Occupancy inspection (on re-sale of existing homes), please call (856) 829-1096.
BOCA® National Property Maintenance Code/1996, Fifth Edition
- A Guide to Use of the BOCA® National Property Maintenance Code
- Chapter 1 – Administration
- Chapter 2 – Definitions
- Chapter 3 – General Requirements
- Chapter 4 – Light, Ventilation and Occupancy Limitations
- Chapter 5 – Plumbing Facilities and Fixture Requirements
- Chapter 6 – Mechanical and Electrical Requirements
- Chapter 7 – Fire Safety Requirements
- Chapter 8 – Referenced Standards
For N.J.A.C. 5:23 select link above (you must agree to LexisNexis Terms and Conditions), expand TITLE 5. COMMUNITY AFFAIRS and then CHAPTER 23. UNIFORM CONSTRUCTION CODE.