POLICE OFFICER HIRING ANNOUNCMENT
The Palmyra Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Police Officer. The Palmyra Police Department is located in Burlington County and currently employs 16 full-time police officers. Applicants should be energetic, willing to learn, and take great pride in the community they serve. Applicants must minimally possess the following qualifications:
- Have a valid Basic Police Officer Certification from the New Jersey Police Training Commission, NJ Police Academy Alternate Route Graduate or currently enrolled in a NJ P.T.C. certified police academy. SLEO II candidates within their wavier period will be considered. Those currently enrolled in an alternate route program will be considered as well.
- Be a citizen of the United States and the State of New Jersey.
- Be able to read and write the English language.
- Not have been convicted of any violations of the laws of the state of New Jersey or the United States, except minor traffic offenses, nor shall have been convicted of any crime or offense involving moral turpitude.
- Provide proof of a high school diploma or approved high school equivalency certificate.
- Have a valid New Jersey driver’s license.
- Submit to a complete background investigation.
- Submit to and successfully pass physical and psychological testing.
- Submit to and successfully pass a drug screening.
Preference given to Palmyra residents. Minorities are encouraged to apply.
Applications must be picked up in person at Palmyra Police Department. There is no set time for pick up and it can be done after normal business hours. Applications need to be completed and submitted no later than March 5, 2021.
The Borough of Palmyra is an Equal Opportunity Employer.